I'm on a roll, so butter me

Sunday, January 3, 2010

MY NEW YEARS LIST - THE 5 BEST RAP SONGS OF ALL TIME

Ok - The title may be better read as "My favorite rap songs of all time" but why do people start blogs if not to be authoritative? Heeeere we gooo (these may or may not be in order):

1. 'Big Pimpin' - Ok, probably just the tightest rap song of all time. I remember the first time I heard it riding around in this dude Jesse's car smoking a blunt - he had just turned off 'Thong Song' and put in Vol. 3. This beat hit and I basically lost it. This was before it was a radio hit, and I remember saying, "this will be the next hit off this album" and getting really excited. It was; I don't know why they fucked with it for the video. I loved this song so much I played it for my fucking DAD who was at that time pumping Peter Gabriel - anyway he was kind enough to humor me and explain that Ozone "popping" is a natural phenomenon. Timbaland is the shit, UGK is the shit, Jay-Z was tight at this time. "If I wasn't rappin baby/I would still be ridin' Mercedes."

2. 'Back that Thang Up' - In this case I prefer the radio version, because of Manny Fresh's "...brbrbrbrbrbrbrbr drumma chick" line, also Lil Wayne's wobidy wobidy shit. This was when I first realized it's kind of tight when there's alot of high-hat fuckinnnnn...64th notes or whatever - do't forget the handclaps. While 'Ha' has like, the tightest video, BTAU has a nice little Cash-Money-Posse-Portion.

3. 'What's your Fantasy?' - Ummmmm, holy shit - Ludacris at his best - hilarious lyrics with a mildly musical flow approaching sex with the right mix of ruggedness "tag team off the RRRROPE!" and levity "tryna make a brother beg for it/gimme TLC cuz you know I be too proud." Basically every couplet from this song belongs in fucking Bartlet's. Also a hotter than hot beat from Bangladesh, this song belongs on every mixtape/cd/playlist you make for a special female in your life.

4. 'Hoody Hoo' - Well, first let me say this is the 'TRU' song, and not the (also great) OutKast song from Southernplayalisticcadillacmusic. I just love this song because it's got a bangin' beat that comes in hard as fuck, which is reinforced by the 'TRU' screaming at you almost the whole time - but hey it's a No Limit thang.

5. 'Gimme the Loot' - Biggie's best, hard as shit but almost funny "...and the #1 mom pendant!"

Big up, big up, it's a stick up, stick up
and I'm shooting niggaz quick if you hiccup
Don't let me fill my clip up in your back and head piece
The opposite of peace sending Mom Duke a wreath
You're talking to the robbery expert
Stepping to your wake with your blood on my shirt
Don't be a jerk and get smoked over being resistant
'cos when I lick shots the shits is persistent
Huh, goodness gracious the papers
Where the cash at? Where the stash at?
Nigga, pass that before you get your grave dug
from the main thug, .357 slug
And my nigga Biggie got an itchy one grip
One in the chamber, 32 in the clip
Motherfuckers better strip, yeah nigga peel
before you find out how blue steel feel
from the Beretta, putting all the holes in your sweater
The money getter motherfuckers don't have better
Rolex watches and colourful Swatches
I'm digging in pockets, motherfuckers can't stop it
Man, niggaz come through I'm taking high school rings too
Bitches get strangled for they earrings and bangles
and when I rock her and drop her I'm taking her door knockers
And if she's resistant "baka! baka! baka!"
So go get your man bitch he can get robbed too
Tell him Biggie took it, what the fuck he gonna do?
I hope apologetic or I'm a have to set it
and if I set it the cocksucker won't forget it

It's a lot of runners up, if I went further there would be shit on there a tad esoteric for a bold claim like best of all time. go listen and cook something.

No comments:

Post a Comment